Capture your documents no matter how they are created or received
Find the capture method that works best for your documents
If you receive paper documents, scan them into DocLink first for safekeeping and faster processing.
- Scan paper files in using DocLink’s scan software or any scanner/MFD that produces TIFs or PDFs.
- If you’re away from the office, don’t run the risk of losing paper. Take a picture of the document and upload into DocLink using our mobile app.
Many of your documents may already be digitized. DocLink can capture these files in a variety of ways:
- Reports and formatted documents: DocLink’s powerful Enterprise Report Management (ERM) offering automatically captures and indexes documents and reports generated by your business systems. Simply ‘print’ the document to a printer driver monitored by DocLink and ERM does the rest.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): OCR ‘reads’ the data on your documents and uses it for indexing and processing – increasing efficiency and reducing transaction processing costs.
- Barcodes: Do you use barcodes in your business? Our Barcode module reads the barcode and uses the values to automatically index the document. No manual intervention necessary.
- Email: If you have an email address set up to receive a particular type of document, Import Manager can be configured to monitor the email inbox and automatically import the contents into the repository.
- XML Import: If you receive XML from your business partners, Import Manager uses the XML data to automatically create a document or index a related document into DocLink.
- Mobile: If your files are on a mobile device, upload them straight into DocLink using the DocLink Mobile app. This is a great option for field services, remote team members, and frequent travelers.
- Faxes: If you receive faxes, those digital images can be indexed into DocLink. FaxLink monitors the fax directory for new faxes, decollates the fax into individual pages, and moves them to a location where they can be indexed into DocLink.
When You're Creating The Document
If you need to capture data from your users in order to generate a brand new document (like an expense report, sales order traveler or new supplier request), the Smart Form Toolkit allows you to standardize and control the process. Simply configure your own DocLink window with the proper data elements and validation rules.
Learn more about how Doclink will work for you