Join Our Team
You matter. Here at Altec, we care about our people.
Laguna Hills, California
The Project Manager is responsible for daily planning, scheduling, and controlling the activities of moderately complex implementation projects to ensure project deliverables both application and process-related are provided on time, within budget, and in accordance to specification and standards. Customer care interaction for monitoring and status communications, and project close out processes. Supports departmental goals and initiatives with administrative tasks and reporting. This position is a part of the fast paced consulting group with a high volume of email and phone interaction.
- Monitor performance of client resources with respect to their assigned project activities.
- Effective and timely interaction and communication within all levels of the organization, run weekly project status meetings, and drive your team to deliver projects on schedule and on budget.
- Establish, promote, and maintain departmental procedures that support project management standards and guidelines, as defined by the Director of Professional Services. Ensure that approved methods, processes, and tools are consistently used.</li
- Eagerness to learn technical concepts, no requirement to become the technical subject matter expert.
- Provide escalation management. Identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
- Ensures that approved methods, processes, and tools are consistently used.
- Accountable for meeting project schedule and results as well as for the customer satisfaction and the quality of the deliverable.
- Weekly and monthly reporting responsibilities.
- Contract Administration of New agreements, Project Change Requests, etc.
- Negotiate with Department Managers. 0-10% travel.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in project management/coordination (software/IT experience a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience plus professional certification desirable.
- Demonstrate competence in program planning, scheduling, and management of multiple, concurrent programs in geographically dispersed locations is essential.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously with executives, managers, and individual contributors at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain leveled and balance Project Plans using software tools.
- Demonstrate pro-active, results-driven team approach.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal skills, and progressive management experience.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Contract Administration experience a plus.