Software Implementation Consultant
Altec is a leading provider of Integrated Document Management (IDM) solutions to mid-market companies. For more than 25 years, Altec has provided a wide range of accounting-centric paper to paperless solutions including its flagship product, doc-link™, which enables companies to capture, archive, workflow and route structured and unstructured documents to customers, employees and vendors. Altec’s comprehensive solutions include IDM, output management, MICR check disbursement and paper documents that serve more than 13,000 customers worldwide.
Job Title: Software Implementation Consultant
Department: Professional Services
Status: Full time
Salary: Base + Bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match
Location: Laguna Hills, CA (may also work at remote office in Texas)
Work Experience: 5+ years
- Design, architect and deliver high quality billable product-related services to customers and business partners in application installation and integration
- Understand business processes involved in customer projects and translate this knowledge into an effective implementation
- Consult with clients to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features and input and output requirements
- Analyze, define and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal/external checks and controls and outputs
- Develop and maintain plans outlining steps and timetables for configuring, testing and installing Altec’s solutions
- Know Windows infrastructure and troubleshooting for deployment into Windows environments
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions with the implementation
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings in order to deliver services and to enable the transfer of skills to the personnel of Altec’s business partners and customers
- Learn and use the Altec’s Professional Services Methodology to ensure consistent and repeatable delivery of services
- Train end users and technical support staff
- Complete time and cost reporting on all projects by the required deadlines
- Must be willing to travel 30%-50%
Strong skills, tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive customer issues, with exceptional follow-through ability and communication skills
Strong written communication skills
A technical degree (B.S) and minimum of two years software implementation experience
Hands-on experience with SQL Query and MS SQL Server
Hands-on experience with one or more network and routing protocols
Experience with XSLT a major plus (technical level)
Working knowledge of Citrix or Terminal Services
Hands-on experience with Applications a major plus (technical level) (Epicor, Dynamics-GP, Dynamics-SL, Dynamics-AX, Sage 100 (MAS90/200), Sage 300 (AccPac), Sage 500 (MAS500), SAP Business One)
Sounds interesting? Then we want to see your resume! Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. List the job title in the subject line. Thanks for applying!
- Altec is an equal opportunity employer.
- We will conduct background screening on final candidates.
- We are not providing a relocation package.
- We are not providing work sponsorship.
- We are currently not using the assistance of Staffing Agencies.