Join Our Team
You matter. Here at Altec, we care about our people.
Altec is a leading provider of Integrated Document Management (IDM) solutions to mid-market companies. For more than 30 years, Altec has provided a wide range of accounting-centric paper to paperless solutions including its flagship product, DocLink, which enables companies to capture, archive, workflow and route structured and unstructured documents to customers, employees and vendors. Altec’s comprehensive solutions include IDM, output management, MICR check disbursement and paper documents that serve more than 13,000 customers worldwide.
Department: Print Sales
Classification: Regular-Fulltime/Non-Exempt, Hourly
Reports To: Director, Print Sales
Compensation: $14 per hour + commissions
Location: Laguna Hills, Corporate Headquarters
For more than 30 years, Altec has been and continues to be a leading provider of business forms and document management solutions (Doclink™) to thousands of customers throughout the world. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is unparalleled. We guarantee forms compatible to accounting software packages and offer a full array of customizable business forms for nearly every possible application. Come be a part of our team!
Working as part of our Print Sales team, you will have the opportunity to generate revenue for a specific group of customers in your assigned geographical region within the US and Canada, through outbound telesales to existing and potential customers.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position with commission potential. Our work week is Monday through Friday. Hours of work will be established based on your customer locations/hours and/or as business demands dictate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We need someone who will:
1. Attain sales quota each month by managing assigned accounts. Increase sales in assigned accounts.
2. Utilize company strategy to contact current and previous customers to establish order cycles and create strong relationships.
3. Establish buying influences and purchasing criteria for assigned accounts.
4. Contacts current and prospective customers to sell and explain products and solicit new business within the market area.
5. Performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
6. Responds to and resolves customer concerns.
7. Attends sales meetings, training or educational activities as required.
Some of the things we will expect of you are to:
1. Maintain a minimum of 110 customer contacts per week, made up of outbound/inbound phone calls, e-mails, and outgoing mail.
2. Prepare for each customer contact by establishing sales objectives for each contact.
3. Carefully detail and document, in proprietary CRM software, result of each customer contact.
4. Remain current on customer calls to maximize reorder opportunities, according to the customer order cycle.
5. Process error-free orders.
6. Provide back-up coverage for other account managers due to absence.
7. Maintain professional behavior at all times with customers (internal and external) and vendors.
8. Have a High school diploma or GED and 1-2 years’ experience in an inside or telesales role.
9. There is no travel required for this position.
Sounds interesting? Then we want to see your resume!
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. List the job title in the subject line. Thanks for applying!
• Altec is an equal opportunity employer.
• Post-offer background checks are conducted.